Sunday, August 23, 2009

Drapes vs. Squares

For those of you who love John Waters like I do, you'll get the reference. Everyone else, let's just say it's all about the Poor vs. the Rich. Even though I have a good job and live in a nice house I still can't help but feel like a Drape in certain situations. On Sunday, D and I took Stevie to one of our favourite parks. It just happens to be in the Lindenlea area, essentially, Rockcliffe - the ultra rich part of Ottawa. There's always lots of kids and the play structures are great. The one drawback is the parents. The rich, snooty, parents. They talk about their vacation homes and how they have just done a complete reno on the homes because they "just needed a change". Living overseas and what countries their nannies are from ("we have a great live in Filipino at home with us" - I shit you not, he actually said that). It's totally a lifestyle I cannot relate to. Would I like it? Hell yes! Maybe minus the nanny though. Anyway, as all the like minded parents stood around talking about this stuff, Darrell and I (with our tattoos exposed and ratty weekend park clothes) played with Stevie and had a great time. And you know what, I didn't notice any of the other parents interacting as much with their kids. That's right folks, just because you have money doesn't mean you have everything.

And as far as drapes and squares go, I would take Wanda



over Alison



any day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But what about Hatchet Face?

When I was in university the Arts faculty held its annual ball at that really preppy school in Rockliffe Park (Ashbury College?). My friends and I were kidding that they had bidets in the washrooms.

Deviated Septum said...

I also love me some Hatchet Face as well.

That's hilarious. I wouldn't put it past them!

About Me

My photo
I love photography, dolls and mini things too. My deviated septum, not so much.

Followers